GDPR Privacy Notice
The General Data Protection Regulations come into effect in the UK from 25 May 2018, replacing the Data Protection Act 1998.
This Privacy Notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws. As the Regulations come into effect and the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) update their rules and best practice, we will continually update this Notice.
Who we are
Melrose Community Association, Melrose Hall, Abbey Road, Popley, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 9ES (from this point forward, MCA)
Collection of your Personal Information from our website and hire contracts
MCA may collect and use the following kinds of personal information through this website/form
• information about your use of our website including information obtained via cookies
• information that you provide during the use of our services/registration process/joining of our mailing lists, including your name, email address and telephone number for the purpose of making electronic bookings for services
• information about electronic bookings for services made via our website including dates, health information, times and locations of appointments
• information that you provide by joining our membership, including your name, address, email address, telephone number, bank account details and records of your membership fees payments
• information that you provide for the purpose of feedback on our website and on any service provided by MCA and any other information that you send to MCA
We are collecting data for the following reasons
• We have your consent
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract
• Processing is necessary for compliance with the Charity Commission, HMRC, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
The Data Processor or sub-Processor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, MCA may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, national security and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing Your Data
MCA will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to store, process and transport all personal information you provide in a secure manner.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will endeavour to keep data only for as long as we need it. This means that we will delete it when it is no longer needed. We will keep some records permanently if we are legally required to do so and may keep some other records for an extended period of time to follow best practice. For example, it is currently best practice to keep employment records for 5 years and financial records for a minimum of 3 years, to support HMRC audits.
Updating This Statement
Your rights and your personal data
You have the right to access, correct, have erased, and object to processing your personal data. You can make any changes easily by telephone, email, or by post (see Contact Details below).
When exercising any of the rights, we may need to verify your identity for your security. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month.
For the right to access there are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same data may be subject to an administrative fee.
We will confirm whether the data has been deleted or processing has stopped or the reason why this cannot be done (for example because we need it for our legitimate interests or regulatory purpose(s)).
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or your personal information, please contact us:
• by email to: email@example.com
• by post to: Melrose Community Association, Melrose Community Hall, Abbey Road, Popley, Basingstoke, RG24 9ES